Beef Caldereta - Part 2
|For cooking the beef|
|Beef slices||1 Kilogram, cut into thick slices|
|Water||1 Liter (As needed to cook the beef)|
|Broth cube||1 (Vegetable Flavor)|
|Ginger powder||1 Tablespoon (As needed)|
|For the beef caldereta|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped into big chunks|
|Chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||300 Gram, cut into big chunks|
|Potatoes||400 Gram, cut into big chunks|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||700 Gram|
|Oyster sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped into chunks|
1. In a large pot, add the beef pieces with water. Make sure all the meat pieces are immersed in the water.
2. Add a broth cube, ginger powder and cook the beef for about 90 minutes until done. After the first 15 minutes, ladle out the foam that collects on the top of the broth.
3. Once done, remove the beef into a large bowl along with a little of the broth left in the pot and set aside.
4. In a large wok, heat up a couple of tbsp butter. Add the chopped onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
5. Add the carrots and potatoes and stir for about 5 minutes.
6. Put into the vegetables the broth cube and dried basil. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
7. Next, add the green peas and the cooked beef along with the broth.
8. Add black pepper powder, chili paste, tomato sauce and oyster sauce. Mix well. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
9. Finally add the green bell pepper, stir and let it simmer for a minute or so. Turn off the heat.
10. Serve with steamed white rice or any bread.
For Part 1 check out this link - Beef Caldereta - Part 1