One of the famous FILIPINO RECIPE is BEEF KALDERETA...
For cooking the beef
1 Kilogram, cut into thick slices
1 Liter (As needed to cook the beef)
1 (Vegetable Flavor)
1 Tablespoon (As needed)
For the beef caldereta
1 Medium, chopped into big chunks
300 Gram, cut into big chunks
400 Gram, cut into big chunks
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Black pepper powder
Green bell pepper
1 Medium, chopped into chunks
1. In a large pot, add the beef pieces with water. Make sure all the meat pieces are immersed in the water.
2. Add a broth cube, ginger powder and cook the beef for about 90 minutes until done. After the first 15 minutes, ladle out the foam that collects on the top of the broth.
3. Once done, remove the beef into a large bowl along with a little of the broth left in the pot and set aside.
4. In a large wok, heat up a couple of tbsp butter. Add the chopped onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
5. Add the carrots and potatoes and stir for about 5 minutes.
6. Put into the vegetables the broth cube and dried basil. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
7. Next, add the green peas and the cooked beef along with the broth.
8. Add black pepper powder, chili paste, tomato sauce and oyster sauce. Mix well. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
9. Finally add the green bell pepper, stir and let it simmer for a minute or so. Turn off the heat.
10. Serve with steamed white rice or any bread.
Here is the second part of the video, where the chef shows clear step by step instructions to make beef caldereta with veggies and oyster sauce. Seems delicious, but the recipe would have been easier to follow if the chef could have shown the entire preparation in one single go!