Quick and easy fish adobo dish of mackerel (typically galunggong). Delicious and good for your heart (mackerel is packed with omega-3 fatty acids).
2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced
4 Clove (20 gm), mince
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 , pickled (for garnish)
1. Wash, clean and cut mackerel.
2. In a wide mouthed pan over heat, arrange the mackerel pieces.
3. Add garlic, ginger and season with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Add soy sauce, sugar and vinegar.
5. Gently stir and cover.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
7. Ladle marinade over the fish as shown in the video and gently flip the fish pieces over.
8. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Gently shake the pan and bathe the fish pieces with marinade.
9. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes now.
10. Remove cover and reduce sauce.
11. Turn off heat and plate it.
12. Serve with steamed white rice alongside pickled green chilies.