|Coconut milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pork belly||2 Pound, cut into strips|
|Shrimp paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Thai chili/Serrano pepper||6|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
1. Heat oil in a pan, sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger.
2. Add in the pork and cook for 7 minutes or until the color becomes light brown.
3. Stir in the shrimp paste and Thai chili, stir well.
4. Pour in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 40 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve Bicol Express with steamed rice and enjoy!
Calories 1040 Calories from Fat 734
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.6%
Saturated Fat 52.5 g262.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.1 mg48.4%
Sodium 3156.2 mg131.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.8%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 50 g99.5%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet