Tokwa’t Baboy is a typical Filipino Recipe that is made from simmered pork belly and fried tofu. Some include the pig’s ear as well.
1 Medium, minced
3 Tablespoon (enough for frying)
1. In a casserole pour the water, add the pork belly and salt then let it boil.
2. Simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Set aside the meat and slice.
3. In a cooking pan heat the oil. Fry the tofu till brown. Set aside and slice.
4. Prepare the cooking pan. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, onion and sugar. Mix and let it boil. Set aside.
5. In a serving bowl, mix the fried tofu and pork then pour the sauce, mix it well and serve with rice or bread.
The extra liquid from boiling pork can be stored in the fridge for future soup recipes.