Beef Steak is also popularly known as Bistek in Filipino Cuisine. This recipe doesn’t need to have a lot of ingredients to make it palatable. This is the simplest and easiest way to cook Beef Steak.
Beef tenderloin/Beef sirloin
500 Gram, cut into large chunks
7 Clove (35 gm), crushed
1 Large, sliced
Green bell pepper
100 Gram, cut into strips
1. Marinade beef with soy sauce, garlic and lemon for more than an hour. Place it in a cool place.
2. Drain excess liquid of the marinated beef, strain and save it for later use.
3. In a cooking pan heat the oil. Fry the beef chunks until brown but do not overcook. Set aside when almost done to desired degree of doneness.
4. Drain off extra fat left in the cooking pan, keeping about 1/2 tablespoon. Saute garlic from the marinade and onions till lightly brown.
5. Return the cooked beef to the pan and add the reserved liquid from marinated meat and the green bell pepper strips. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve the bistek hot with cooked rice or any bread of choice.