Beef Mechado is a recipe by stewing beef with tomato sauce. It is a delectable beef recipe that can be served on special occasions or for ordinary gatherings. This is a simple and easy way of cooking Beef Mechado.
500 Gram, cut into large pieces
1 Large, sliced
6 Clove (30 gm), chopped finely
1⁄4 Kilogram, cut into 4
200 Gram, seeded, cubed
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or as required)
Black pepper powder
1. Heat the cooking oil in a skillet. Sauté garlic and onion in it till light brown.
3. Add the beef chunks. Sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, soy sauce and water. Stir to mix.
4. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until soften. Add additional water as needed
5. Add the potatoes. Season the stew with salt and ground pepper to taste. Add the bay leaves. Simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
6. Put the bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes just until peppers are soft. Turn off the heat.
7. Serve Beef Mechado with steamed rice or bread of choice.