Pancit Bihon is a very popular Filipino noodle dish throughout the world. It's made with thin, rice noodles, or bihon and tossed with shredded meat and lightly sauteed vegetables. Today, we're gonna make our pancit using some flavorful leftover Chinese steamed chicken and some cooked shrimp from the Asian market. We're also gonna use that aromatic green onion and ginger sauce that came with the chicken in our base. So get ready for a really fun and easy recipe for Pancit Bihon!
Rice stick noodles
8 Ounce (Bihon)
125 Gram, sliced
2 Clove (10 gm), sliced
2 Tablespoon (Packet along with the chicken)
Fresh snow pea/Green bean
250 Gram (Chinese steamed chicken used)
Salt & pepper
To Taste (For the seasoning)
2 1⁄2 Tablespoon
150 Gram (or any leftover seafood)
4 Medium (Two per serving)
1. In a bowl, soak the bihon noodles in cold water for about 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. In a large pot on medium heat, heat up a couple tablespoons of oil and add the onions and garlic. Gently saute until the onions are translucent. Add the packet of sauce.
3. Add in the shredded cabbage, carrot, snow peas and cooked chicken. Cook and stir on medium high for about 5 minutes.
4. Sesaon with salt and pepper to taste and put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
5. Using the same pot, add the chicken stock and soy sauce. Turn the heat up to high and then add the bihon noodles. Let the noodles boil on high heat until the liquid is almost evaporated. Add all the ingredients from the bowl and mix to combine.
6. Add the seafood at this point.
7. Serve it warm with calamansi or lime wedges and fish sauce (patis).
Things You Will Need
To soak the rice stick noodles:
1. Cold water - 4 cups