|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon, ground (use as per taste)|
|Fish sauce||4 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Boil the eggplant until its soft but not overcooked.
2. In the mean time, in a pan melt the butter and saute the garlic and onion until soft and transparent, about 2 minutes.
3. Mix in the ground pork and saute until brown.
4. Add some fish sauce and ground black pepper and simmer for about 15 minutes on very low heat until pork is cooked. When cooked, strain the pork juices out so that the mixture is dry.
5. While the pork cooks, drain the cooked eggplant. Place on a chopping board and let cool. Peel the eggplant, mash it with a fork, and chop it using a knife if needed.
6. In a bowl, mix the eggplant, beaten eggs and the ground pork.
7. Heat some cooking oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Ladle the eggplant egg-pork-mixture as you would for pancakes. Cook until browned on the bottom.
8. Flip and cook the other side, as you would for pancakes.
9. Serve the Tortang Talong with cooked rice and ketchup on the side.
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 415 mg138.3%
Sodium 2491.2 mg103.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 32 g64.7%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet