|Beef||3 Pound, bottom round roast|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), divided into 3 to 4 parts|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef cube||1 Medium|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||2 Tablespoon, diluted|
1. Take out meat from refrigerator; let it sit for an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Make some slit on meat and insert sliced garlic clove.
4. Spread the olive oil on the meat then sprinkle some salt and pepper.
5. Place the meat on a roasting rack. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit then continue baking for 2 to 2.5 hours.
7. Remove the roasted meat from the oven and allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes.
8. Slice the meat into serving pieces and transfer to a serving plate.
9. For Sauce - Take the dripping pan out of the oven and place it on the stove.
10. Pour-in red wine and deglaze the drippings then transfer to a saucepan.
11. Add water and boil.
12. Add beef cube and cook until well diluted then put-in the cornstarch. Stir continuously.
14. Serve Roasted beef with sauce.
Do not remove from the oven right away. Let the juices from the meat drip some more so that you will have enough drippings for the gravy.
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.7 mg46.9%
Sodium 1049.8 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.3%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 47 g94.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet