|Squids||2 Large, cleaned and gutted|
|Pork||1 Pound, ground|
|Carrot||1 Medium, diced|
|Celery||2 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juice|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||10 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl combine squid, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a pan, pour-in cooking oil.
3. Sauté garlic, onion, celery, and tomato.
4. Put-in the ground pork and cook until the color turns light brown.
5. Add carrots, salt and ground black pepper then stir. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn-off heat and let cool.
6. Stuff the marinated squid with the cooked ground pork.
7. Insert toothpicks at the opening of the squid to secure the filling.
8. Dip stuffed squid in beaten egg then coat with flour. Set aside.
9. Heat oil in a pan.
10. Pan-fry the squid. Cook each side for 3 to 5 minutes.
11. Transfer the cooked squid in a serving plate and serve.
Do not overcook squid so that it will remain tender.
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.4%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.7 mg48.2%
Sodium 4197.4 mg174.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 59.1% Vitamin C 37.4%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet