Pinatisang Manok or chicken cooked in fish sauce is a simple chicken dish that resembles Chicken Tinola in some way. This is one of the traditional Filipino dishes that grand parents enjoyed during their time.
1 Pound, cut
Spinach or chili/Hot pepper leaves
1 Bunch (100 gm)
1 Small, julienned
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Heat a cooking pot and add bacon fat.
2. Sauté ginger for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken and cook until outer part turns brown.
4. Pour-in fish sauce and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the chicken broth and increase the heat to medium. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
6. Add spinach and cook for few seconds.
7. Turn off heat and cover for at least 2 minutes to further cook the spinach.