Gising gising is a ground pork and green bean dish cooked in coconut milk. Shrimp paste (bagoong) is used to enhance the flavor. This version calls for chili to make it spicier. If you don’t like spicy foods, you can always omit this ingredient.
1 Pound, chopped
1 Pound, ground
2 Cup (32 tbs)
3 Clove (15 gm), crushed
1 Medium, minced
3 Medium, chopped (option)
1 Teaspoon, ground
1. In a pan Heat oil.
2. Sauté garlic and onion.
3. Add pork. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until color turns medium brown.
4. Put-in ground black pepper, shrimp paste, and chili. Stir.
5. Pour-in coconut milk. Let boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add the green beans. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes while stirring gradually.
7. Serve gising - gising with white rice.
Try topping this over rice and have a cold glass of malunggay juice – perfect!