Chicken Sopas is a soup dish filled with diced or shredded boneless chicken meat and elbow macaroni noodles. This chicken soup is a common breakfast or snack food among Filipino families particularly during the rainy season. Since this is a family favorite, most Filipino families have their own treasured Chicken Sopas recipe.
1 Medium, diced
1 Pound, diced
2 Cup (32 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped
3 Cup (48 tbs), diced
3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Teaspoon, ground
1. In a cooking pot put butter. Allow the butter to melt.
2. Add onions and cook until the texture becomes soft.
3. Put-in chicken breasts and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle some salt and ground black pepper and stir.
5. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
6. Pour-in water and milk and wait to re-boil. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Add elbow macaroni and cook for 8 minutes while stirring once in a while.
8. Put-in carrots and celery and simmer for 3 minutes.
9. Add cabbage and cook for some time.