Bulanglang is a healthy dish consisting of different types of vegetables. There are different versions of Bulanglang; this particular recipe is the version from the province of Batangas.Making Bulanglang is quick and easy; all you need to do is boil water or rice washing (water used to clean rice) and put-in the vegetables according to their cooking time. Thick and hard vegetables such as calabaza squash (kalabasa) and green papaya should be boiled first, while soft green vegetables like malunggay should be added last.
1 Small, sliced
2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
3 Medium, sliced
1 Cup (16 tbs), leaves
4 Clove (20 gm), lightly crushed
1 Tablespoon, chopped
Rice washed water
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in rice washed water. Let boil.
2. Add garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. Boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Remove the lemongrass. Add papaya and calabaza squash. Boil for 6 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, okra, and loofah. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Put-in the malunggay and salt. Stir.
6. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.