This Pork Ribs Soup is an exact taste of a home-grown recipe. A hearty and satisfying soup with pork, sweet corn, potato and leafy savor of cabbage, it is a complete meal with or without rice and perfect for a cold rainy day.
Pork stock cube
2 Large, halved
200 Gram, sliced
200 Gram, shredded
1 Large, sliced
2 Tablespoon, finely chopped
4 Tablespoon, sliced in 1-inch (about 4 stems)
1 Teaspoon (or to taste)
Cracked black pepper
1⁄2 Gram (or to taste)
1. The meat and vegetables must be washed thoroughly.
2. Blanch the pork meat in boiling water for 30 seconds to 1 minute (This is done to take-out the unpleasant smell of the meat). Do not dip for too long. Drain the meat and set aside. Discard the water.
3. Add 2 liters of water into a stock pot and add the pork meat. Add the pork stock cube. Bring to a boil.
4. When boiling, add the ginger and onion. Simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender.
5. Add the sweet corn and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are sof.
7. Add the cabbage and simmer for 30 seconds. Do not over-cooked the cabbage.
8. Lastly, add the green onions before serving.
9. Ladle the vegetables, pork corn and broth into large bowls.
10. Serve with crusty bread or with rice.