Maja Blanca is a popular Filipino dessert made from coconut milk, cornstarch and sweetened condensed milk. This is an all-time occasion dessert recipe, best when served chilled. This maja blanca recipe is a combination of the basic ingredients, which is the coconut milk, cornstarch and condensed milk with creamy sweet corn added to give texture and topped with a garnish of peanuts instead to flaked coconut to compliment the creaminess of the pudding with a little crunch!
Cream style corn
380 Gram (in can or in sachet)
Sweetened condensed milk
50 Gram, crushed
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1.Put the coconut milk into the cooking pan and bring to boil.
2. Simmer and add the condensed milk and sweet corn. Stir occasionally and boil. Do not cover to prevent from overflowing.
3. Dilute the cornstarch in the water, blend well and add to the pan. Continue to stir for 5-6 minutes or until texture is thickened and creamy. Keep stirring as it will prevent the ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the cooking pan.
4. Take pan off the heat. Immediately put in a greased container (baking pan or pudding mold) while hot.
5. Top with crushed peanuts and let it cool before covering with aluminum foil or any applicable cover.
6. Refrigerate the maja blanca before serving.
7. Serve the Maja Blanca chilled, cut into squares of slices.