Hearty Mung Bean and Tuna Soup
|Mung beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tuna chunks||1 Can (10 oz) (preserved in soy bean oil)|
|Coconut milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pumpkin||300 Gram, diced|
|Green chill peppers||2 Large|
|Garlic clove||5 Small, minced|
|Ginger||10 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1. Clean and prepare all the ingredients before you start cooking.
2. Add 1 liter of water in a stock pot or saucepan and boil the mung beans until tender. Set aside.
3. Spoon the oil in which tuna is preserved into a stew pot or skillet and heat.
4. Saute garlic, onion and ginger for 30 seconds.
5. Add and saute pumpkin for 1 minute.
6. Add 1 liter of water and let it boil. Simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Season with salt and ground pepper.
8. Add tuna chunks and coconut milk. Let it boil gently.
9. Add the cooked mung beans and simmer for 2 minutes.
10. Finally add the green chili pepper and stir for 30 seconds.
11. Serve the soup in a bowl, with crusty bread on the side, but you may also serve it like a stew/curry, over rice if desired.
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g103.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.3 mg10.4%
Sodium 735.5 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.4%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 117.3% Vitamin C 113.6%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet