Paella : Filipinos Paella : What is Paella? : Asian at Home
|Extra virgin olive oil/Grapeseed oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken thighs||4 , cut into bite size|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced pork jowl bacon||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Diced chorizo||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||5 , chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, chopped|
|Ginger||1 Inch, peeled and chopped (1 tablespoon)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jasmine rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Boiled eggs||3 (soft)|
|Jumbo shrimp||1 Pound, de-veined|
|Grape tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halves|
|Frozen peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime wedges||8 Small|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. On a plate put the chicken and season it with salt, pepper and paprika.
2. In a hot large skillet or a paella pan or high heat, heat oil and stir fry the chicken pieces, until light brown in colour for about 2 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken, reduce the heat to medium and in the same pan add in the chorizo and bacon, and stir.
4. Put in garlic, onion and ginger, raise the heat medium high and stir well to mix until it lightly browns.
5. Add in the tomato paste and mix.
6. Put in the rice and stir fry, put in turmeric and stir until the rice is yellow in colour.
7. Stream in the water, and put in bay leaves, fish sauce and chicken with its cooking juice and stir to mix.
8. Cover the pan with aluminium foil, lower the heat to medium low and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
9. After 10 minutes, put shrimps, clams, mussels, tomatoes ans peas on top.
10. Cover again with foil, raise the heat to high and until the rice starts to get crisp at bottom for about 2 to 4 minutes.
11. Turn of the heat and allow to sit covered for 5 minutes or more until the seafood cooks.
12. Serve hot topped with lime wedges and halved eggs.
Calories 818 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 11 g54.9%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 222.2 mg74.1%
Sodium 1311.9 mg54.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 49 g98%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet