Filipinos love their sinigang. It's a very popular soup with a signature sour broth. If you've never had sinigang, you gotta try it. Most versions are made with seafood or pork. Today I have a beautiful corned beef brisket that I found at the market and I think the flavour of this meat goes quite well with the sourness of the broth. You're in for a real treat today so get ready!
1) Take a pound of corned beef brisket and put in a pressure cooker.
2) Add 5 cups of water and cook for 45 minutes.
3) When the beef is cooked, take out and slice into bit size pieces. Keep the liquid aside.
4) Slice two carrots and cut 1 medium onion into wedges. Put them into the reserved boiling water.
5) Take two medium size potatoes and cut into bit-size pieces. Put them into the boiling water as well.
6) Add one packet of sinigang sampalok seasoning.
7) Stir them well and cook until the potatoes are half done on medium heat.
8) Add 300 grams of diced daikon.
9) Add little fish sauce to taste and continue cooking.
10) When the potatoes are done, add the fresh bunch of spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
11) Serve the dish in a bowl with steamed rice.