This is my first Filipino food recipe here on ifood.tv because a friend of mine noticed that I didn't have any on my channel yet! It is pretty much a standard chicken adobo recipe with a couple of little extras. I hope you enjoy it!
1 , roughly chopped
1 , sliced and caramelized
Chicken thighs and legs
2 Pound, brined
Canola oil/Vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
2 Cup (32 tbs) (pearled, cooked as per packet instructions)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (any kind Rice, white, or apple cider.)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, lightly cracked
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. In a pan, heat little oil and saute the onion slices until light brown in colour , remove and set aside.
2. In a pot put together all the ingredients for adobo sauce and bring it to a boil.
3. Lower the heat, add in the little bit of ½ teaspoon ginger and ½ teaspoon garlic, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. In a pan, heat oil and saute remaining garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Add in the chicken skin side down, paprika, salt and pepper, stir and allow to brown light.
6. Put in the caramelized onions, and stream in the prepared sauce, cover with foil and allow to simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.