Filipino Style Spaghetti - Pinoy Spaghetti
|Carrots||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strained cooked tomatoes||720 Milliliter|
|Basil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Banana ketchup used)|
|Hot dogs||3 Medium, sliced|
|Spaghetti||200 Gram, cooked, drained|
1. Take a food processor and pop the chopped carrots, celery and onion into it. And buzz the processor till it is all finely chopped.
2. In a large pot, heat up some oil on medium heat and add the vegetables. Cook till they begin to get tender.
3. Then add the ground beef and cook until the beef is browned.
4. When the beef is browned deglaze with a 1/4 cup of red wine and the strained tomatoes. Also add 1 1/2 teaspoons each of basil and oregano and one bay leaf. Cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes add a 1/4 cup of ketchup and mix well.
6. Add the sliced hot dogs, cover and continue cooking for another couple of minutes until they are cooked. Finally give it a quick stir and taste.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Serve warm with spaghetti.
Calories 796 Calories from Fat 449
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.1%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101 mg33.7%
Sodium 802.5 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 33 g66.6%
Vitamin A 126.2% Vitamin C 77.9%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 31.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet