My Filipino Adobo recipe is back and better than ever. So many people make this famous recipe with their own unique signature and I am back to share with you a slightly updated Adobo that you are going to love.
1 Medium, cut into pieces (Skinned)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Red thai chili
1 Medium, sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)
12 Medium, crushed
3 Cup (48 tbs) (2-3 cups)
1. In a large pot or dutch oven, heat up some oil and put the chicken pieces cooking briefly until lightly brown.
2. Once the chicken is browned, add one cup of the coconut milk. When the milk comes to a boil, turn down the heat to a medium low, cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, remove the lid and add one red Thai chili, soy sauce, cane vinegar, a bay leaf and the crushed peppercorns. Cover and let it simmer for another 10 minutes until the chicken is tender.
4. Once the chicken is tender, take the cover off and let it cook till the sauce reduces slightly from a third to a half.
5. Give it a taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Once done, take out the chicken pieces into a serving dish, leaving the remaining sauce in the pot. Add 2 to 3 cups of steamed rice to the pot, mix well till every grain of rice is well flavored with the coconut adobo sauce.
7. Press some of the flavored rice in a mold to shape it round and serve it along with the chicken cooked in the coconut sauce.
Just by watching this video will make your mouth water. The Aimless Cook here is making his version of a delicious Chicken Adobo - a Filipino classic! This can be prepared under 45 minutes. Watch and learn how to make it from this video. Enjoy!