Ginisang munggo is another Fiipino comfort food. It is a delicious and nutritious mung bean stew cooked with pork and ampalaya leaves. Normally paired with fried fish.
1⁄4 Kilogram, cubed
3 Clove (15 gm), mince
1 Large, chop
2 Medium, chop
1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed
1 Tablespoon (fish sauce)
2 Cup (32 tbs), divided
1. In a pot pour water and boil the monggo beans until soft.
2. In another pan place the pork and pour water, cover and cook until the water is reduced.
3. Once the liquid has dried out pour cooking oil and fry until the pork is brown.
4. Move the pork to one side and add the garlic and onion, sauté until brown.
5. Add tomatoes and sauté the pork with everything.
6. Add patis and monggo beans, sauté for 2 minutes, pour water and add the green chili.
7. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes covered.
8. Add the ampalaya leaves and cook for 2 minutes.