Inihaw Na Liempo is a very popular food in the Philippines. You can see this Filipino recipe being cooked and sold on every street of Manila, Cubao, Pasig, everywhere. It may not be healthy to eat this all the time, but sometimes, due to the distinctive taste of this Inihaw Na Liempo (especially the ones with lots of fat) you just can’t help it.
1 Pound, sliced (however much you want)
Ground black pepper
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Lemon juice/Calamansi juice
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
For basting sauce
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a small bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper. Mix well.
2. In a shallow dish, pour the marinade and place pork pieces in it. Coat meat well with marinade, cover with foil and let marinate for at least 24 hours.
3. For basting sauce, in a cup, mix together soy sauce, ketchup, and oil.
4. Grill the pork bellies until done while basting it with the sauce from time to time.
5. Serve hot with roasted potatoes and enjoy!
Try grilled pork belly, a slight unhealthy recipe for the reasons of the fat content, but you can't always complain! It’s a traditional recipe of the Filipinos, which is enjoyed! See the video for more on this recipe!
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.1 mg19.4%
Sodium 3782.3 mg157.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 0.2%
Vitamin C 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Pinoy - Inihaw Na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly) Recipe Video