Pinoy Recipe - Lumpiang Shanghai
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Garlic clove||5 , mince|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried parsley flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Lumpia wrapper||10 (more or less as needed)|
|Cheddar cheese||To Taste (Optional)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ground meat, salt, garlic, carrot, onion, pepper, parsley, and egg. Mix well.
2. On a wrapper, spoon a certain amount of meat mixture.
3. Place a cheese in the middle of the mixture. Roll and seal the end using egg white as shown in the video. Repeat for more rolls.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and deep fry lumpiang until golden brown.
5. Serve with some sweet and sour dip or ketchup.
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.9 mg30%
Sodium 417.6 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 33.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet