Zuza zak's Weeknight Dinners: Mackerel Rice in Spicy Broth
|Brown rice||200 Gram|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed to cover rice)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||2 , mince|
|Chilies||To Taste (Optional)|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Fish sauce/Soy sauce||To Taste|
|Vegetable stock||450 Milliliter|
|Coconut milk||To Taste (Optional)|
|Lime juiced||1⁄2 (Optional)|
|Smoked mackerel fillets||2|
1. In a pot, put rice and cover it with water, about 2 cm up. Bring it to a boil. Cover with lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it steam for 5 minutes if there is still water in the rice.
2. Place a wok on flame, pour sesame oil and saute ginger, garlic, and chilies for 5 minutes.
3. Add spinach, fish sauce, stir and let it wilt.
4. Pour stock, and coconut milk (if using). Stir well and then squeeze in lime juice.
5. Place the mackerel in a baking dish and pop it in hot grill skin side down. Cook until crispy.
6. Flip, place it back in the grill and cook for another minute.
7. In a serving bowl, put some rice, cover it with broth and place mackerel on top.
8. Serve hot with a drizzle of chili oil.
Calories 752 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 506.5 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 29 g58.5%
Vitamin A 93.9% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 9% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet