They say that the tongue is the primary organ for taste. Having said this, did you ever wonder how a tongue would taste like – in a culinary fashion, of course?
2 Pound, cleaned, boiled until tender, skinned, and sliced
12 , sliced
Condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 Medium, diced
3 , minced
1. In a cooking pot, melt butter. Place the ox tongue, pan fry on medium heat for about 4 minutes per side. Remove the cooked tongue and keep aside.
2. In the pot, sauté garlic and onion.
3. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add salt, ground black pepper, cream of mushroom soup, and water. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the fried ox tongue and stir. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes over low to medium heat, after water if required..