Another variation of Sinigang and one of the tastiest perhaps is the Sinigang na Buto-buto with gabi. Sinigang is a Filipino sour soup dish composed of either meat or seafood. The common meats used to make this dish are pork and beef while fish and shrimps are two of the common seafood ingredients. Aside from meat and seafood, this dish is also comprised of different local vegetables that are available whole year long.
Pork neck bones
2 Small, chop
1 Medium, slice
1 Medium, quartered
Long green chilies
4 Medium, chop
1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)
1 Medium, dice
3 Clove (15 gm), mince
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1. Preheat the pot with cooking oil, sauté the onion and garlic.
2. Add the pork and fish sauce, stir and add the water and bring it to a boil.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer for 40 minutes or until the pork is tender.
4. Add the sinigang mix, radish, long green chilies, and taro root (gabi) and simmer for 8 minutes.
5. Add eggplant and okra and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
6. Finally add the spinach and stir. Turn of the heat and cover the pot.