|Flour blend||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Pandan essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese slice||1 , chop|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder mix well.
2. Add the melted butter, evaporated milk, egg; water which is mixed with pandan essence, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
3. Pour the mixture in individual molds.
4. Line the steamer with cheese cloth; place the molds in the steamer.
5. Pour water in the steamer and steam the puto for 20 minutes.
6. Once done remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with small pieces of cheese.
7. Cover and continue to steam for 2-5 minutes.
8. Remove the puto when it’s done from the mold and arrange it in a serving plate.
9. Serve either hot or cold with dinuguan .
If you are using non-quick melt Filipino brand cheese, you may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming.
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.9 mg21.6%
Sodium 491.6 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 53.6 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 45.7% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet