This is Filipino Style Beef Steak - we call it "Bistek". It's super easy to prepare and so yummy.
Beef steak meat
3 Pound, cut into strips
2 , juiced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (or salt to taste) (Optional)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Large, sliced into rings
1. In a wok/ large pan, put the beef. Pour the lemon juice, soy sauce and season it with black pepper.
2. Place the wok on medium heat, cover and let it cook for around 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
3. In 2 separate bowls transfer the meat and the rendered liquid. Set aside.
4. To the same wok on medium high heat, add oil. Return the meat and sauté.
5. Add the fish sauce/ salt (if using) and sauté for a few minutes till all the meat is coated well. Pour the retained rendered liquid (step 3) into the wok. Add the oyster sauce and mix well again.
6. Put the sliced onion on the top, cover with a lid and continue to cook on medium low heat for another 5- 10 minutes or till the onions are cooked to desired consistency.
7. In a serving plate, serve the bisket hot with steamed rice.
Want a real delicious dish for dinner? Definitely Bistek is a must try after a long day at work. It’s easy to make with few Asian sauce and some beef. Serve it over a bed of freshly cooked white rice and enjoy a hearty meal with the entire family.