The Philippines is considered as the melting pot of Asia. People of different race and origin call it their home. Along with themselves, these peolple (migrants, traders, and colonizers) brought their culture, tradition, and food. This is the reason why spices such as curry has made its debut in the Philippine cuisine.
2 Pound, cut into serving pieces
1 Large, chopped
1 Tablespoon, minced
3 , cut into 2 inches length
1 Medium, chopped
Red bell pepper
1 Small, cut into cubes
1 Cup (16 tbs)
20 Gram, cut into strips
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (For frying)
1. In a pan heat the oil and fry the potatoes, take out from the pan and set aside.
2. Fry the chicken in the same pan and set aside.
3. In same pan add in the garlic, onion, ginger and sauté.
4. Add in the chicken, fish sauce, and curry powder.
5. Pour in the water and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the red bell pepper, celery, and potato, simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add in the coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes more.
8. Serve Chicken Curry with steamed rice and enjoy.
Pinoy Style chicken curry recipe video is the second video which has the whole recipe written in English. There is no need to worry about the language and there is ample opportunity to replicate the recipe in your kitchen. This Pinoy style chicken recipe is full of interesting ingredients like curry powder and coconut milk along with potatoes, onions and garlic to name a few. And when all the ingredients blend together, the result is a mouth watering curry that is simply hard to resist.