Filets De Boeue En Croute
|Fillet steaks||2 , fat trimmed (each about (1 inch) thick)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Frozen puff pastry||7 1⁄2 Ounce, thawed (200 g, 1 packet)|
|Gooseberries||8 Ounce, tailed and rinse (225 g, top)|
|Granulated sugar||30 Milliliter (to taste, 2 tbsp)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Watercress sprigs||3 (to garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and saute the steaks and brown for a few seconds to seal.
3) Take out from the pan and cool.
4) Lightly dust a work surface with flour.
5) Roll out the pastry on the surface until 1/2 inch thick and cut in half.
6) Arrange each steak on each piece of pastry.
7) Fold the pastry over the steaks, moisten and seal the edges well.
8) Cut off the excess pastry and use the trimmings to decorate the parcels.
9) Arrange the parcels on a baking sheet, put the lid and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
10) In a saucepan, place the gooseberries with sugar and 4 tablespoon of water.
11) Put the lid and cook over low heat until soft.
12) Pass gooseberry mixture through sieve to remove all pips,
13) Place the puree in the cleaned saucepan, stir in more sugar if needed, but the sauce should be tart.
14) Take the lid off from the steaks and brush with beaten egg.
15) Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes for medium rare, 20 minutes for medium to well done (depending on the thickness of the steaks).
16) Reheat the gooseberry sauce to serve.
17) Place the parcel on the serving plate and spoon gooseberry sauce on sides of parcel.
18) Serve hot garnished with watercress.