|Confectioner sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Coconut||2 Tablespoon, shredded (Optional)|
1. Butter a Bundt pan.
2. Wash the figs. Peel them using a paring knife by gently cutting the wider part and pulling off the skin.
3. Cut all peeled figs in half.
4. Place a layer of figs, meat side up, with the round side against the wall of the pan. Make sure to cover the bottom and middle and make it snug.
5. Sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar on the figs and some chopped walnuts.
6. Place a second layer of figs on top of the first one, meat side down, with the round side reversed. Make sure to cover the bottom and middle and make it snug.
7. Sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar on the figs and some chopped walnuts.
8. Repeat this process twice.
9. Cover the pan with some plastic wrap and place it directly on to the fruit, pressing it against the figs.
10. Refrigerate it overnight.
11. The following day, remove the pan from the fridge.
12. Place a serving platter over the pan and flip it over very quickly. Wait until you hear it fall and then remove the pan.
13. Decorate your crown with some half walnuts and some green leaves like thyme.
14. Slice it and serve it with some whipped cream, coconut flakes and chopped walnuts if desired.
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.2 mg2.7%
Sodium 8.3 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 40.9 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 9% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet