|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped figs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pre heat the oven by setting it the desired temperature.
2) Take a bowl and sift the flour along with salt and sugar into it.
3) Mix some shortening together with a light hand.
4) Add enough milk slowly in order to turn it into a soft dough.
5) Take a board and dust it with flour.
6) Roll the dough out on it until it becomes ¼ inch thick.
7) Cut it into small squares.
8) Place a tablespoon of fig on each square and fold it into an envelope after brushing the sides with cold milk.
9) Press the sides closely together and brush the top with a mixture of beaten egg along with a tablespoon of milk and a teaspoon of sugar.
10) Take a baking pan and place the envelopes in it.
11) Put the pan in a preheated hot oven and bake for 20 minutes.
12) Serve as required.