2. On a flat surface, roll the pastry and cut heart shapes.
3. With a knife draw a smaller heart inside the heart about 1 cm from the outer edge.
4. In the inner heart top with goat cheese and top with figs. Sprinkle brown sugar and balsamic vinegar on it. Drizzle olive oil on it.
5. Brush the hearts with egg wash and pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Put a curled ham slice on it and serve with a handful of salad.
If you're looking to make something special on valentine's day, do try out these ham hearts. The chef has shared some unique ideas in the video. The goat cheese adds extra flavour to the ham hearts. I'm sure you're loved one will enjoy this.