2. On a flat surface, roll the pastry and cut heart shapes.
3. With a knife draw a smaller heart inside the heart about 1 cm from the outer edge.
4. In the inner heart top with goat cheese and top with figs. Sprinkle brown sugar and balsamic vinegar on it. Drizzle olive oil on it.
5. Brush the hearts with egg wash and pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Put a curled ham slice on it and serve with a handful of salad.
If you're looking to make something special on valentine's day, do try out these ham hearts. The chef has shared some unique ideas in the video. The goat cheese adds extra flavour to the ham hearts. I'm sure you're loved one will enjoy this.
Calories 1170 Calories from Fat 706
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g108.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.8 mg63.9%
Sodium 1549.7 mg64.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 41 g82%
Vitamin A 18.2%
Vitamin C 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Valentine's Special Fig And Parma Ham Hearts Recipe Video