Gourmet Apple Butter
|Tart apples||4 Pound, washed|
|Cider||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pot of boiling water, dip five (8-ounce) jelly glasses to sterilize it.
2) Cut the stem and blossom ends, and cut up without paring or coring.
3) In a pot, place together cut-up apple and cider.
4) Heat the apple mixture to boil, simmer until soft for 15 minutes.
5) Pass the apple mixture through strainer or food mill to make about 7 cups of pulp.
6) Preheat the oven to 300F.
7) In a bowl, place together apple pulp, sugar, salt spices and lemon peel and juice, and mix well.
8) Transfer the apple pulp mixture evenly into two 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dishes.
9) Bake in the oven without cover for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
10) Spoon immediately into sterilized glasses.
11) Stream in immediately with 1/8 inch hot melted paraffin and serve as desired.