Buttery Cutout Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Heat oven to 375°.
2) In a mixer bowl, add all ingredients for the cookie except the flour.
3) Slowly beat for 3 to 4 minutes, ensuring you regularly scrape the bowl.
4) Reduce beating intensity and then add in the flour.
5) Continue beating, scraping the bowl often till well mixed.
6) Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
7) Wrap all in plastic food wrap.
8) Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours till firm.
9) Lightly flour a surface.
10) Using one portion at a time, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Keep the remaining dough refrigerated.
11) Using 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes from the dough.
12) Arrange the cut outs 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
13) Place in oven for 7 to 10 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned.
14) Take the cookies off the sheets.
15) Allow to completely cool.
16) Decorate the cookies as desired.
17) Add a sprinkle of cinnamon powder just before serving.