Almond Crab Apple Butter
|Crab apples||4 Quart|
|Water||1 (As Required)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut apples into quarter.
2. In a large saucepan, place apples and cover with cold water; bring to a boil and simmer until apples are tender.
3. In a colander or food mill, press the mixture through it and measure; should be 4 cups.
4. In a shallow kettle, mix together pulp and sugar; boil rapidly with constant stirring until butter is slightly thick and starts to spatter.
5. Reduce heat to low and stir in almond extract; cool until butter is thick.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Use Almond Crab Apple Butter for making bread or spread over toast and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5203 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 38 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1355 g451.7%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 599.7 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 504.6%
Calcium 68.7% Iron 76%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet