Lemon Apple Butter
|Apples||4 Pound (About 12 Medium)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , grated (Peeled)|
1. Wash apples; cut into eighths.
2. In a large saucepan, place apples and add little water; cook until apples are tender.
3. In a food mill, process cooked apples.
4. Return processed apples to the saucepan and add sugar and grated lemon peel; cook until mixture is thick.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Spread Lemon Apple Butter over bread and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2503 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19.9 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 657 g218.9%
Dietary Fiber 46.3 g185.1%
Sugars 588.1 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 213.5%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet