Grape Apple Butter
|Grape juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1/2 bottle)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash apples; remove stems but do not core.
2. Cut into fine dices.
3. Into a large kettle; place apples, add grape juice and simmer for 15 minutes until apples are tender.
4. Using a sieve, strain cooked apples and measure; should be 5 cups or add more grape juice to make 5 cups.
5. Return apple-juice mixture to the kettle and stir in sugar and butter; bring mixture back to full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
6. Remove kettle from heat and add pectin and cinnamon; frequently stir for 5 minute.
7. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Spread Grape Apple Butter over bread and serve.