Grape Apple Butter
|Grape juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1/2 bottle)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash apples; remove stems but do not core.
2. Cut into fine dices.
3. Into a large kettle; place apples, add grape juice and simmer for 15 minutes until apples are tender.
4. Using a sieve, strain cooked apples and measure; should be 5 cups or add more grape juice to make 5 cups.
5. Return apple-juice mixture to the kettle and stir in sugar and butter; bring mixture back to full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
6. Remove kettle from heat and add pectin and cinnamon; frequently stir for 5 minute.
7. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
8. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
9. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
10. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
11. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
12. Spread Grape Apple Butter over bread and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7173 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg1.8%
Sodium 518.3 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1849 g616.3%
Dietary Fiber 27 g108.2%
Sugars 1792.6 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 237.3%
Calcium 151.4% Iron 76.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet