|Ripe tomatoes||5 Quart, ground|
|Onions||3 Medium, ground|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Peel tomatoes.
2. In a grinder, grind together onions and tomatoes.
3. In a large heavy saucepan, mix together vinegar, sugars, spices and salt; bring to a boil.
4. Add the tomato mixture and over low heat simmer with frequent stirring until mixture is thick.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Tomato Butter as relish with a main dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5351 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6290.9 mg262.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1319 g439.7%
Dietary Fiber 72.7 g290.8%
Sugars 1208.5 g
Protein 50 g100.1%
Vitamin A 789.7% Vitamin C 1087.7%
Calcium 133% Iron 112.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet