Old Fashioned Butter Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsalted (2 sticks, at room temperature)|
|10x confectioners' powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Vanilla||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), unsifted|
1) Preheat the oven at 400 degrees for few minutes
2) Take 10X (confectioners' powdered) sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a big bowl. Beat them properly to make the mixture fluffy.
3) Take the flour and salt in a bowl. Add butter mixture and beat them well.
4) For giving shape to the cookies: for pressed cookies, put the dough into the press and press into the desired shape on the baking sheet.
5) If making slice and bake cookies, the dough can be wrapped and refrigerated for 45 minutes. Divide the dough into half and shape each half on wax paper into 5 inch log.
6) Wrap the cookies and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Chill for 30 minutes if kept in the freezer.
76) Slice the cookies into 1/8 inch thick and put them over the baking sheet.
8) Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven at 400 degrees.
9)Bake the cookies for 9 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.
Allow the cookies to cool for sometime.
10) Serve the cookies when it is completely cold.
11) Pipe in cream filling before serving the cookies.
12) Store the cookies in an air tight container.