Oven Apple Butter
|Apples||6 Pound, cored, peeled and sliced|
|Sweet cider||2 Quart|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2. In a bowl mix water and salt.
3. Add the apples in it.
4. Drain out from water without rinsing.
5. In a food grinder grind the apples through finest blade to extract 2 quarter pulp and juice.
6. Add cider and mix.
7. Put in a large enamel pan.
8. Bake at the center of oven.
9. Simmer mixture for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours until the mixture reduced to half.
10. Stir after every half hour.
11. Pass the mixture through a sieve or food mill measuring 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 quarts.
12. Mix sugar and spices.
13. Add it to the sauce.
14. Keep it back in over and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours stirring every half hour.
15. If no liquid oozes around edge, apple butter is cooked.
16. Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal immediately.