|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||5 1⁄3 Cup (85.33 tbs)|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Walnut halves||2 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Candied cherries||2 Tablespoon (Red / Green, Or As Needed)|
1) Take a large mixer bowl and mix together active dry yeast, 2 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour and cardamom.
2) Then, in a saucepan heat milk, shortening, sugar, and salt together until just warm. Keep stirring to melt shortening. Add this to dry mixture and then add eggs.
3) Using an electric mixer beat at low speed for 30 seconds and then beat at high speed for 3 minutes.
4) Now, slowly add flour to make soft dough and knead it to make elastic. Put it in a greased container and turn once to coat the grease on the dough.
5) Close the container and let it rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.
6) Now, punch down the dough to let extra air escape and divide it into two. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
7) Separate one of the halves into 4 and roll 3 parts into 20 inch strands and braid it.
8) Put this braid around greased 6 ounce juice can on a greased baking sheet. Seal the ends of the braid.
9) Now, divide the fourth part of dough in half. And shape it into two 20-inch strands and twist together. Place the strands on top of braid.
10) Repeat the process with the other dough. Keep all the braid in a warm place to rise for an hour. Then, bake at 350° until bread is golden or for about 25 minutes.
11) Remove the juice can and then apply Confectioners' Sugar Glaze on the wreaths.
12) Then, decorate them with walnut halves and red and green candied cherries. And serve.