Apple Nut Beans With Honey And Butter
Water- 6 cups
Fresh Gingerroot- 2 slices
Salt- 2 teaspoons
Apples- 4 nos., cored, peeled, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
Honey- 1/2 cup
Butter or Margarine- 1/4 cup
Walnuts- 1/2 cup, or more, coarsely chopped
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4) Strain the beans, reserving the liquid.
5) Return the beans to the slow cooker, along with ginger, salt, apples and honey.
6) Pour in enough of reserved liquid to slightly cover the beans.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
8) When ready to serve remove and discard ginger slices.
9) Fold butter and nuts in the beans mixture.
10) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.