Grilled Peanut Butter Banana Sandwiches
|Crunchy peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Toasted wheat germ||3 Tablespoon|
|Reduced calorie maple syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat bread slice||8 , thinly sliced|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Banana||1 , cut into 16 slices|
1) In a small bowl, combine together the peanut butter, syrup, wheat germ, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir well till blended.
2) Over the 4 slices of whole wheat bread, spread the peanut butter mixture evenly.
3) Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
4) In a shallow bowl, combine together the egg and milk.
5) Over moderate heat, place a non-stick skillet till it is hot.
6) Into the egg mixture, dip one sandwich at a time, coating it well. Drain the egg mixture off, if any.
7) In the skillet, place the sandwiches and cook over moderate heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, till browned.
8) Remove the sandwiches from the skillet and cut each into 4 triangles.
9) Top each triangle with 1 slice of banana and serve right away, while still warm. The make a good and healthy snack, or even a breakfast dish.