Peanut Butter Slice
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rice crispies||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Readymade)|
|Cornflakes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For vanilla icing|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk/Butter/ cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use As Required)|
|For chocolate custard icing|
|Vanilla custard powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Creamed butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate||4 , melted with 1 tablespoon butter|
1. In a medium sauce pan, place water for boiling.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Place over hot water and stir occasionally till sugar dissolves in the mixture.
4. Remove from hot water and mix well.
5. Add rice crispies and fold using a rubber spatula.
6. Add corn flakes and gently fold.
7. Spread mixture evenly on to a 6 inch x 10 inch pan and keep aside to set.
8. In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar, milk and syrup. Mix well and bring to a boil for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
9. Remove off flame and keep aside to cool.
10. Once slightly cool, add vanilla and icing sugar (as required) and mix well to prepare a soft icing. Keep aside.
11. Prepare Custard Icing. In another medium sized bowl, combine milk, custard powder and creamed butter. Mix well.
12. Add icing sugar and beat well till smooth.
13. Ice set mixture with both icings, seperately. Keep aside to set.
11. Top custard icing portion with melted chocolate mixture, cut into slices/ pieces and serve both assortments on a platter.