Orange Butter Gems
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), powdered|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In another bowl sift flour, measure and sift again with mace and salt.
4. Add 1 cup of the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture.
5. Beat in egg, orange peel and orange extract and add remaining flour mixture.
6. Put dough into cookie press and form cookies on ungreased baking sheet.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Decorate with tinted frosting if desired and serve.