Apple Butter Betty
|Apple butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft bread cubes||9 Cup (144 tbs) (10 slices, 1/2-inch)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to at 350°.
2. To prepare Lemon Sauce:
3. In small saucepan combine 2/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch and dash salt and blend in 1 cup water.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till mixture is thick and bubbly for 2 minutes longer or until mixture is clear.
5. Removing from heat add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and stir till butter or margarine melts.
6. To prepare the cake:
7. In a bowl combine first four ingredients.
8. Add bread cubes and nuts and toss to coat evenly.
9. In 10 x 6 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish spread mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Once done, remove the cake from the baking dish to a serving platter.
11. Serve warm with Lemon Sauce and whipped cream.