Microwave Apple Butter
|Mcintosh apples||2 Pound, cored, pared, quartered|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a 3-quart microwavable casserole, add the quartered apples, maple syrup and cinnamon.
2) Cover the casserole with a vented pastic wrap.
3) Microwave the apples on HIGH for 15 minutes till the apples become soft.
4) Into a blender, add the apple mixture and blend to get a smooth puree.
5) Pour the puree back into the casserole and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.
6) When the mixture has thickened, set the casserole aside to cool down.
7) After about 20 minutes, tranfer the contents of the casserole into a tight-lidded jar.
8) Refrigerate until ready to use.
9) Serve the Microwave Apple Butter as a side during breakfast or Snack.
10) Spread on bread, toast, pancakes etc.